Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Guy who Runs

I am a runner, a guy who RUNS
A passionate soul inside a chiseled body
Disciplined, territorial, and headstrong
Well-armed and equipped for the chase

I am a runner, a guy who ENDURES
Trained in the art of perseverance,
Driven by personal ambition,
Loyally committed to a desired end

I am a runner, a guy who LEADS
Quietly resilient and chivalric
Without any trumpet-sounding
Self-promoting elitism

I am a runner, a guy who DREAMS
With the mind of the poet
the stroke of the artist
and the heart of the free-spirited

I am a runner, a guy who LABORS
perfecting his craft, the fine-tuning of speed
Gallantry on foot
Strategic, methodical, and hard-working

I am a runner, a guy who WINS
Defeating man, age, and clock
and achieving hometown victory
is my claim to fame

I am a runner, a guy who LOVES to RUN


Inspired by a post from the Bull Runner blog:

http://thebullrunner.com/2011/03/29/date-a-girl-who-runs/

No comments:

Post a Comment